NZRHA and SCRHA Trans Tasman Challenge
The SCRHA takes great pleasure in announcing our first ever International Challenge for our Open & Non Pro riders.
This is to become an annual event to be hosted year about by NZRHA & SCRHA.
The inaugural challenge to be held in 2019 at Equidays in Hamilton, Waikato New Zealand & in 2020 to be held in Sydney at the SCRHA National Show.
This challenge will consist of two open riders & two non pro riders from each team competing over a two days , two run competition with a buckle for the highest placed combined score Open & Non Pro rider .
The Trans-Tasman perpetual Trophy Champions will be decided by the combined tally of all riders scores over the two days of competition.
This competition is designed to be friendly & enjoyable with the aim to promote & showcase the skills & abilities of the reining horse & to promote the sport of reining in both countries.
The Inaugural Challenge in Hamilton, Waikato to be held on the weekend of the 19th & 20th of October, 2019 & we propose to have our team in Hamilton on the Wednesday afternoon the 16th for a combined team dinner that night where the horse selection will take place.
This will be done by placing the names of eight fully trained New Zealand Reining Horses into a hat & each competitor will then draw out their mounts .
The Thursday & Friday will be taken up with getting to know your horse & riding them either at the venue or close by in preparation for the weekend.
For the selection of team members for this Inaugural challenge we have decided on the following process:
- All perspective team members to pay a $100 nomination fee & must compete in the Non Pro class (if a non pro ) or in the Open class (if an open rider ) at the SCRHA Show
- All riders achieving a single judge score of 68 points or above to be eligible to make the team
- At the conclusion of the above classes the successfully nominated riders names will be placed in a hat & our two representative riders (in the open ) & two non pro riders (plus a reserve non pro rider ) will be drawn by our judge from the hat in the arena
- All competitors must be members of SCRHA (this year being $10). This fee will be charged on your show nominations as part of your office fee
- All competitors to be 27 years of age or older
- Successful competitors must be able to compete & train in Hamilton, Waikato on the dates specified
- Return air fares costs will be covered by SCRHA, but motel costs at this stage will need to be covered by competitors
- Successful team members will also be required to join the NZRHA this covers all riders under the NZRHA insurance
The committee of the SCRHA encourages all competitors to step up & have a shot at being our Australian representatives & to support the growth of Reining & friendly competition for all of us down under.
Any queries need to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org